1. April 2016 CRM Comparison White Paper: Salesforce, Zoho CRM, SugarCRM, Pipedrive & Odoo
2. 2 Introduction Introducing CRM offers available today Today’s CRM market offers a significant number of solutions and software alternatives. Some fit larger enterprises (which typically require on-premise hosting) while others apply more to the needs of SME’s (commonly utilizing a cloud-hosted solution). When it comes to CRM solutions, providers must adapt their product to fit a constantly changing business landscape. For example, more and more CRM solutions are now becoming available for mobile. This is a crucial advantage for modern companies and brings versatility to their CRM usage. Being able to maintain your customer relationships directly from your phone or tablet changes the way you operate and manage your sales activities. Customer expectations are changing regarding CRM functionalities and best practices. Modern businesses need more than just the ability to manage their contacts; a CRM has to offer other features such as efficient communication tools, emailing, phone or chat integration, being social, and most importantly, having a great user interface for your salespeople to be productive. Features Comparison In order to offer a fair comparison of the top CRM solutions, we have compiled a table of the most important features a CRM should offer. These are organized into five categories: Customer Relationship Management, Sales, Marketing, Reporting, and Productivity & Usability. These categories encompass nearly everything a company might need in order to manage and further develop its customer relationships and sales pipeline. In this comparison, we have also included a comprehensive list of the pricing conditions for each solution. VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
13. 13 User Interface - Salesforce Opportunities - Kanban View Opportunities - Form View VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
14. 14 User Interface - Zoho CRM Opportunities - List View Opportunities - Form View VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
15. 15 User Interface - SugarCRM Opportunities - List View Opportunities - Form View VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
16. 16 User Interface - Pipedrive Opportunities - Kanban View Opportunities - Form View VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
17. 17 User Interface - Odoo Online Opportunities - Kanban View Opportunities - Form View VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
20. This whitepaper was compiled by Odoo SA. We did our best to make it objective and fair. If you find a mistake or a missing feature, please report it to email@example.com and we will update this document. Our goal is to have a continuously updated compar- ison of the main competitors to be as accurate as possible. 20 Conclusions Choosing and implementing a CRM solution is an important decision as well as a significant investment. It should be carefully considered with regards to your unique business needs and operations. If you are in the process of choosing a CRM solution, here are some points to consider before making your decision. First, be sure to define your objectives. Examples of such objectives could be to get more leads, improve conversion rates, manage your sales teams, upsell to existing customers, etc. Secondly, what type of technology or support does your company prefer to work with? Do you prefer to maintain your software yourself via an on-premise server or utilize a cloud-hosted solution maintained by the software vendor? Additionally, what is your budget and internal competencies? On-premise solutions are preferred by large companies because they provide increased control of the platform and can assist in overcoming security concerns. Alternatively, online solutions are advisable for SME’s as the customization and costs (hosting, maintenance, implementation service, etc.) are usually minimal or even included in the base rate. Once you have weighed the costs and benefits associated with these factors, your business can better analyze the potential solutions available on the market. When comparing the features of each solution, remember to consider the functional needs of the employees using the system in their daily operational tasks. Also, consider the business needs of decision makers in the organization; an optimal solution will support the efforts of all users. Be sure to pay close attention to the usability of the system you choose. Simplicity contributes to a faster adoption of the software for users, and ultimately allows the salespeople in your organization to be more productive. In terms of usability, Pipedrive and Odoo allow for more advanced features to be learned and adopted quickly compared to the rest of the solutions on the market. Most CRM solutions offer a free trial, so it’s easy for businesses to test independently in just a few minutes. As many CRM experts have mentioned, the future is mobile with integrated solutions supporting multi- channel sales and efficient communication. A mobile tool allows your employees to react quickly to customer requests while an integrated tool can seriously save time, empower users to operate more effi- ciently, and help maintain a clean, unified database. Lastly, don’t forget to look at the big picture. If a company’s long-term goal is to grow its sales volume, the best approach to choosing a CRM solution is to start with a solution that can follow that growth over time. To accomplish this, a flexible solution with robust features that can offer tools which work in tandem with the CRM to manage the business would be the ideal choice for a scaleable and cost-effective solution. VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
7. 7 Odoo Online Odoo is an open source software that is available in three editions, of which two are local and one is hosted in the cloud. More than 360 apps are available thanks to the multiple developments made by Odoo S.A. and its commu - nity. Some of these apps are officially validated by Odoo, whereas others are developed by the community and dedicated to specific versions for specific needs. 2+ million users 120+ countries 1,500 developers 730 partners “ GROW YOUR BUSINESS ” For this comparison we’ll choose the application Odoo CRM in the cloud-hosted version, Odoo Online. The unique feature of this offer is that it’s completely customizable. There are more than 30 apps that cover the vast majority of business cases. These apps are all connected to the same database on Odoo’s servers, linking your compa- ny’s sales pipeline to the rest of your business operations. VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
5. 5 SugarCRM SugarCRM is a web-based CRM application available in open source or in a commercial version. Its modern interface helps both employees and customers to better engage and also includes a mobile application. Originally released as open source, SugarCRM no longer updates their community version since the release of version 7, but you can still find open source forks like vTiger. 350+ employees 120 countries 1.5+ million users 26 languages “ CRM SOFTWARE TRUSTED BY MILLIONS WORLDWIDE ” SugarCRM is divided into four editions: Commu - nity, Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate. This solution is available online or on-premise, with the possibility of customization for both versions. For this comparison, we chose to include the Enter - prise edition of SugarCRM. VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
6. 6 Pipedrive New in the market, Pipedrive was founded in 2010. This solution is dedicated to managing leads and sales step-by-step. It was developed in conjunction with sales managers based on their direct sales experience. CRM is their unique product and only one version is available. 156 employees $13.4 million raised 10,000+ customers “ GREAT FOR SMALL TEAMS. ” Very visual, Pipedrive can be installed quickly (in as little as 2 minutes) with no specific knowledge required. The application is cloud-based and you can work from anywhere via their mobile app. founded in 2010 VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
4. 4 Zoho CRM Founded in 1996, the company changed its name from AdventNet in 2009 and began focusing on SaaS services. Zoho is a business applications suite offering more than 30 apps to manage your company. Only available on the cloud, the apps are fully integrated and mobile friendly. This leader in cloud software focuses its budget mainly on R&D projects and insists on the fact that they remain private as no investors are involved. 15+ million users 3,500 employees 6 offices founded in 1996 “ THE OPERATING SYSTEM FOR BUSINESS ” Zoho CRM exists in 4 versions: Standard, Profes- sional, Enterprise, and CRM Plus. For instances of less than 10 users, you can use Zoho CRM for free. For this comparison we chose to compare the Professional edition. VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
19. Odoo was formerly known as OpenERP before 2014. Zoho was formerly known as AdventNet before 2009. So both keywords were used for each company to reflect the growth since their initial stages respectively. 1 19 Market Trends The following graph was created with the Explore Tool on Google Trends. The color curves show the num - ber of Google searches for the associated keywords 1 . This metric shows the relative consumer interest in each software platform. Odoo and Zoho are not exclusively CRM-dedicated softwares. Both are business application suites where their CRM app is integrated with the other apps they offer. Search volume on this graph might include non-CRM searches in this regard. An additional search excluding Salesforce displays a more defined close-up view of the other software platforms in this comparison. VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
3. 3 Introduction to CRM Software Salesforce Founded in 1999 by a former Oracle Executive, Salesforce is the #1 selling CRM software and enterprise ecosystem. The Salesforce CRM platform, called Sales Cloud, is a SaaS offer which allows your sales teams multiple cloud-based solutions that will help them to locate leads and close more deals. There are 3 free major upgrades every year. 19,000 employees 30+ offices across the globe 150,000+ customers founded in 1999 “ SELL SMARTER AND FASTER WITH THE WORLD’S #1 CRM. ” The only free version of Salesforce is the “Devel - oper Edition” which is limited in terms of data and number of users. Salesforce also provides 10 donated subscriptions and deep discounts to Nonprofit Organizations and higher educa - tion institutions. Salesforce business solutions include Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, Wave Analytics, App Cloud, and IoT Cloud. Four different pricing models and editions are available: SalesforceIQ CRM Starter, Professional, Enterprise and Unlimited (all are billed monthly). For this comparison, we will select Salesforce Enterprise. VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
12. Usability Subjective Ratings Navigation and Search Opportunities Pipeline Mobile App Reports Flexibility Speed/Page Reloads 1 User Satisfaction Ratings on g2Crowd 4.1 / 5 3.6 / 5 3.2 / 5 4.5 / 5 4.6 / 5 Ratings on GetApp 3.9 / 5 4 / 5 4 / 5 5 / 5 5.0 / 5 Ratings on Capterra 4.5 / 5 4 / 5 4.5 / 5 4.5 / 5 5.0 / 5 Salesforce CRM Enterprise Zoho CRM SugarCRM Pipedrive Odoo CRM Online The speed of the applications was measured by the impact of page loads on performance during standard operations Pipedrive provides great usability in reports, however those reports are limited. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Salesforce has robust reporting features and poor usability. In both cases, each software was given 3 stars for overall quality in reports flexibility. 1 2 2 12 User Interface When it comes to efficiency and end-user satisfaction, fine-tuned usability is one of the most important factors in any software platform. In order to provide a strong value proposition, a CRM solution must take into account the needs and goals of its users in order to actively help them achieve their objectives. The user interface supports the overall product design in deciphering human factors such as preferences, habits, and learned skills in order to effectively serve the intended purpose of the software as it relates to the businesses that utilize it. A strongly functional design is critical in providing a positive user experience. Usability is qualitatively measured as a software’s ability to anticipate what a user might need to do. This includes ensuring that all of the elements in the interface are easy to access, understand, and use. Well designed software will provide usability that helps the users feel comfortable with the system and obtaining their unique desired results. It will help users perform actions quickly and become more efficient in their day to day tasks. Best practices also suggest having a simple interface with consistency (common elements) and a page layout based on hierarchical importance and flow. The next section includes screenshots to help you compare the user interface, both in the list and form view, for each software in the comparison. VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
9. Sales Quotations Quotations Pricelists Quotation Templates eSignature Online Payment Inline Negotiation Multiple UoM Sales Order Sales Orders Invoicing Customer Portal Shipper Integration (Cost+Tracking) 1 Subscriptions Management Salesforce CRM Enterprise Zoho CRM SugarCRM Pipedrive Odoo CRM Online Available through third-party modules 1 9 VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
18. Pricing & Conditions MONTHLY PRICING $125 / User $20 / User $65 / User 1 $12 / User Free 2 Contract Duration Yearly Monthly or Y early Yearly Monthly n/a Free Cloud Version Free Trial Free Updates Upgrades to Future Versions Hosting & Maintenance Support 3 Salesforce CRM Enterprise Zoho CRM SugarCRM Pipedrive Odoo CRM Online With a minimum of 10 users Odoo CRM is free for unlimitied users, as long as you use solely the CRM app; when other apps are added (ex. Sales, eCommerce, Inventory), the cost is $25/user Support is not included in the Enterprise plan, however this is offered in the Unlimited plan at $250/user 1 2 3 Pricing & Conditions 18 VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
10. Marketing Leads Generation Mass Mailing Web to Leads Capture Leads Tracking (Visited Pages) Leads Nurturing Events Surveys Blogs Reporting Reports Activities Analysis Pipeline Analysis Sales Analysis Invoice Analysis Sales Forecasts Commissions & Targets 1 Recurring Business 2 Report Engine Dynamic Graphs Dynamic Pivot Table Customizable Dashboard Salesforce CRM Enterprise Salesforce CRM Enterprise Zoho CRM Zoho CRM SugarCRM SugarCRM Pipedrive Pipedrive Odoo CRM Online Odoo CRM Online Available through a third-party app KPIs, MRR, Churn, CLTV, CAC Ratio, etc. 1 2 10 VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
8. Features Comparison Opportunities are managed directly in the pipeline, rather than a list view Available in summer 2016 1 2 CRM Leads Management Leads Management Leads Scoring Deduplication Sales Quotas Leads Acquisition Emails Integration Contact Forms Website Call-To-Action Mass Import Sales Pipeline Opportunities Management In-Pipeline Management 1 Pipeline by Expected Closing Dates Log Calls Scripts/Automated Next Actions Relationships Companies Contacts Photos in Contacts Multiple Contacts per Company Multiple Companies per Contact 2 Salesforce CRM Enterprise Zoho CRM SugarCRM Pipedrive Odoo CRM Online 8 VCloud9 LLC. - email@example.com - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
11. The brand visibility is measured by Google Trends, measuring the number of searches on brand keywords Scheduled for release with v10 Since Odoo covers lots of business needs, not all the 7,300 apps are related to CRM 1 2 3 Productivity & Usability Productivity VOIP Integration Calendar Integration Realtime Chat Ability to Add Fields Drag and Drop Fields Social Network Integration Emails Email Integration Email Templates Users Satisfaction Brand Visibility 1 Usability Full Web Interface Mobile App 2 Android Offline App iPhone Offline App Multi-language Interfaces API Apps Store 1,000 Apps 179 Apps 7,300 Apps 3 Zoho CRM SugarCRM Pipedrive Odoo CRM Online Salesforce CRM Enterprise 11 VCloud9 LLC. - firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-366-1801 - www.vcloud9.com
- 149 Total Views
- 112 Website Views
- 37 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 1 www.vcloud9.com:8069
- 8 www.vcloud9.com
- 1 sales.vcloud9.com:8069
- 1 sales.vcloud9.com
VCloud9 Odoo Simple and Fast ERP409 Views .
VCloud9 Capbilities Brief Jan2017322 Views .
VCloud9 ERP FRS Scope And Approach Jan2017319 Views .
Side by Side comparison Odoo vs SAP Vs Netsuite213 Views .
Odoo ERP Comparison173 Views .
Odoo Accounting Whitepaper167 Views .
See the Odoo Whitepaper on eCommerce Solutions138 Views .